This permablitz will be in Centerville, MA on Saturday, Sept 19th.
It will be held over two days but participants are asked to sign up for just one day to keep the numbers low.
Some of the projects that we will be teaching about and working on are:
* installing a raspberry bed
* creating a trellis/privacy screening
* building an herb spiral
* planting fruit/nut trees
* sheet mulching
* prepping and planting a blueberry patch
* learning about support plants
- nutrient suppliers
* and more
Here is some other protocol that we will be adopting to keep everyone safe::
- Participants will bring there own food and beverages.
- All volunteers are required to wear masks and carefully keep at least 6 feet apart.
- To help make it easier to maintain 6 feet or more between all volunteers, work parties will be split into groups with 2-3 people. There will be no more than 12 people allowed on the site.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing stations, as well as materials to sanitize tools between uses, will be available at the site.
- Participants will be required to bring their own water bottle and work gloves.
- Participants will be encouraged to bring their own tools and use them for the duration of the event. We will provide guidance on which tools will be useful depending on the tasks to be completed at the permablitz.
- Materials piles will be spaced well apart so that people can keep distance easier.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or have had recent exposure to anyone with symptoms of respiratory illness.